Friday, January 20, 2006

Warning!!!

I made a soup last night, a LOT of soup, and I thought it would be a good idea to throw in a handful of fresh cilantro.
Waaaaay too many conflicting flavors (theres also basil/oregano/bay leaf/parsley). I'm a bit annoyed cause it had potential to feed me all weekend.
So be cautious with cilantro unless you love it, it can dominate the whole dish.

Sunday I was invited to a pot-luck party. These type of gatherings make me very excited to showcase my love for cooking... My future apartment is on the line here and I need to cook to impress potential future roommates!! I will post the results.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have an unsubstantiated theory that meals are best with one dominent flavor. My mom made a pasta sauce one time with portabello mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and parmesian. All very good ingredients but together they all kind of canceled each other out. Stick with one flavor and pick others that compliment it but won't get in the way.

Also, I made a dish with sesame oil and cumin one time and it was wretched. Never to be repeated.