Saturday, December 10, 2005

Fried Tofu

An easy way to fry tofu and it is a great addition to stirfrys.
First you have to press the tofu to get a lot of the water out. Wrap it in paper towels and put it on a plate. Usually I stack a few plates on top of it, which is an interesting balancing act.
Cut the tofu in to small blocks.
Take some flour, a pinch of cayenne pepper and some garlic salt and roll the tofu in the flour.
Then coat a frying pan with canola oil (I add a touch of toasted sesame oil for flavor, but not too much because it burns easily).
Place the tofu in the oil and fry until golden brown on all sides. It takes about 5-10 minutes.
While it's frying I usually am also starting my stirfry, so when my veggies are near cooked, I can add the tofu in at the end.

Fried tofu is good.

No comments: