Thursday, November 03, 2005

Veggie Barley Rice Soup

I made enough vegetable/barley/rice soup to last me all week.
I thought I was having a lot of people over for dinner, so I went nuts. Instead, it was me, a friend and that is it. We watched Troy, the worst movie ever, but so fun to dissect!

I chopped up:
2 onions, 2 garlic, a bunch of celery, 3 carrots, 2 zuchinni
I threw them in the pot with some oil, added water and some Better than Bouillon, a can of diced tomatoes, salt, pepper, basil, oregano, parsley, a can of garbanzo beans, two handfuls of rice, and two handfuls of barley. I let it simmer until the rice & barley were cooked through, and then I had me some soup. For the week.

Vegan to boot. But I add a spoonful of Romano cheese in my bowl before I eat it. It makes the soup.

No comments: